Quick post

6.19.2014
I have been meaning to write a post about my first week in Med School but, I never imagined that I would never have the time to even open a webpage in my netbook!

And since I should be doing advanced reading tonight on Epithelial Glands which were all too simple in undergrad and the extreme opposite of what it is now in Medicine, I will share some things through bullet points. :s

  • I only accessed the internet because 1) I needed to encode my personal info in the online google drive document for class, and more importantly, 2) I had to email the Editor of a Philippine journal I used to work for.
  • I have had two terrible headaches from listening to classes this week. My official first week in Med School. And it was caused by not doing advanced reading. 
  • During the first and the second day of classes, I was contemplating whether I would continue this course because it is really, really, really hard to the nth level. Hard is an understatement, I think. I thought thesis was hard!
  • My newly purchased Biochem book was stained with either coffee or yakult and I really really hated the feeling of knowing this and seeing this! I mean I have only opened that book twice! I am OC when it comes to books.
  • It's now 11:06, and I only have 54 make that 53 now, minutes, to do advanced reading (on only 1 topic, sadly).
  • I am proud that I have not been late in class since the second day and that I now wake up at 5.30 or 6 am compared to 10 or 11 am, sometimes even at 12 nn when I was working.
  • And yes, I was fortunate to be awarded the scholarship, for a year. I need to maintain at least a grade of 85 in all subjects to be able to avail of an academic scholarship next year (I think, I heard, I was told...?)
  • Lastly, there is no removals.

Update: average of 2.00 required for partial academic scholarship, no grade below 2.5


Post a Comment